I'm finding it difficult to get into the spirit this year for some reason... maybe with all the hustle and bustle of trying to get the house sold, and the travelling to work in bad weather is part of the problem. Who Knows? Overall I'm Still feeling a little Bah Humbug about the holidays coming so quickly. I really enjoy hanging out with family, and getting to see friends, and alllllll the fooooood (can you tell I really like the food?) but it seems there are so many hurdles to jump, and so many hoops before the fun part comes. Sometimes I wish I could just skip the annoying parts :P
I thought *maybe* doing a Christmas Meme might get me into the spirit, so I swiped some ideas from other blogs I read...
Yes Santa, I stole it, please don't bring me coal... ... *snffle*
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags, because the husbeast feels paper is wasteful - but I prefer a tidy wrapped package with lots of ribbon, bows, tags, pretty designer paper.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. Real smells so great, but waaay too much work to put up and take down. Fake is the way to go for us right now
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually after Dad's birthday sometime (Dec 12) but definetly before the 20th
4. When do you take the tree down?
New Years ish
5. Do you like eggnog?
Adore eggnog! must hold back, so as not to drink entire cartons.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Guitar! I loved mom's guitar, so when Santa brought me one of my own, I was ecstatic!
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Dad - if he wants it, usually he already has it. It's no fun buying him useful stuff, want to buy fun stuff
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Mom - has many interests, and likes everything... I usually have a hard time cutting down on what I want to buy her, and usually end up saving some goodies for her birthday
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
no. would like to have one someday though
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
um... haven't gotten there yet this year. I think it may be too late for cards... so er... e-mails?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Nothing stands out as being that awful... although when I requested "something sparkly made of precious stones and metal" from Marky one year (fishing for an engagement ring) I did receive approx 15 lbs of tinfoil... we sure did laugh about that. Apparently aluminum counts as a precious metal in his books. go figure.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
National Lampoon's (and the more evil/twisted Bad Santa)
13. When do you start shopping?
all year round. If I find the perfect gift, doesn't make sense to leave it behind.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Maybe only once... but very carefully to avoid hurting anyone's feelings
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree?
Multicolored! best of all worlds!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
What Child is This
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Visiting local relatives, then crashing in the evening, just my Honey and Me!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star. I have a special Angel made by Grammie, but it stays in a special place all year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Stress, pressure, urgency.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A ball winder, clothes, restful holidays
I know usually people tag other people with these list-a-thons... but since it's Christmas, I don't want to put any more tasks on your plates!
Hope you all are starting to feel the Holiday Spirit!