2. February 2015 07:04
I have lots and lots of sock yarn leftovers... it comes with the territory. I rarely make socks that use an entire skein. So I thought between the January and February KnitFromStashKAL socks I might try and use up a few little scraps that are cluttering up my studio space!
- Knit Picks leftovers... if I can remember correctly - Stroll Tonal in "Wine Tasting" and Stroll Tweed in Flagstone Heather
- who needs patterns! (yeah right! We all do sometimes...) I decided to fly by the soles of my feet on this one and make it up as I went!
- I began with a Turkish Cast On... aka Toe up.
- Next came a color switch, since I knew that I likely wouldn't have enough to make the entire foot in the grey shade, I thought I might go for some Valentine themed socks and throw in some purple and pink shades! Gotta love the contrasting heels, toes and ribbing. Classic.
- What goes with February and Valentine's Day? Hearts. <3 <3 <3
- I improvised a lace heart on each of the toes. Just one on each foot. Simplicity Rules.
- Then I knit until I was almost out of the Pink/Purple yarn on each foot, and did a short cuff with K2P2 Ribbing, and cast loosely with a stretchy bind off.
- The heels were afterthought ones... (see my tutorial here!)
cuffs and heels...
- Another easy and simple pair of socks... maybe not the best design to keep feet warm in this wintery season (we just finished up with a snow and freezing rain storm over the weekend and there is another big white mess coming this evening!) but they're cute, they cleaned up a little of the yarn mess in my studio, and I think they will be perfect for lounging around the house. Plus - they match my housecoat! Win win win!
SOCK TALLY FOR 2015 - 2 Pairs!